Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why Pitchfork Frustrates Me Sometimes

"But do you want to wallow in grey impotence in the face of quotidian bullshit every damn minute of the day?"

"it's a similarly grandiose ballpark where the fans wear slightly different clothes."

"It's high-test pop-prog hokum, better suited to mashing buttons to kill wizards or gorging on a stack of four-color batshittery than working on your thesis or darning your socks."

These are just a couple of quotations from Pitchfork's review of Muse's new album, The Resistance. I should not have to dig through all this bullshit to understand what could have been said in one sentence. I keep up with Pitchfork since they're always on top of music news and tours. However, they infuriate me with their weekly pompous album dissections. I am also getting sick of their love for Vampire Weekend.

I'll stop bitching now since I know I should really read reviews at my own discretion and go in expecting all the wordy, over-the-top metaphors.

1 comment:

  1. HELLS YEAH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I'm all for interesting descriptions, but those are just trying way too hard.

    ReplyDelete